The Association for Training on Trauma and Attachment in Children (ATTACh) values the privacy of our members, customers, and visitors. ATTACH collects information only to help us better serve our members and the families that need our assistance. It is our policy to collect and store only personal information that is knowingly provided to us. We do not share personal information. ATTACH also collects organizational information for research and member services.
Personal Information Collected
- Through ATTACH’s member and research database, ATTACH collects and stores contact information from individuals as it is knowingly provided to us, including email addresses. ATTACH does not distribute personal information or email addresses to third parties. We use this information to contact individuals via email and mail with additional resources that might be of interest, including upcoming events and training, new publications, or other resources. You may choose at any time not to provide personally identifiable information, although this may restrict our ability to provide requested services or information.
- The following are examples of personally identifiable information that you may volunteer to provide and examples of how we use such information.
- Email Addresses – ATTACH collects email addresses from those that create Online User accounts, subscribe to emails, register for events, or subscribe to emails. ATTACH may use your email address to send you emails from ATTACH, including marketing emails from ATTACH, member updates, or email newsletters. To unsubscribe to any or all of ATTACH emails, email your preferences. ATTACH does not distribute email addresses to third parties.
- Mailing Addresses – ATTACH collects mailing addresses of those that register for events or purchase items. ATTACH may send via mail member newsletters, brochures, or other promotional items. To opt out of any mailings from ATTACH, email your preference. ATTACH only distributes publicly available organizational addresses, and in doing so does not associate individual names, except main contacts, to third parties.
Organizational Information Collected
ATTACH makes organizational contact information available online as a resource to members, professionals, and parents. Email addresses, phone, and fax numbers are not made available to third parties. Any organization may request their information be omitted from lists provided to third parties by contacting ATTACH at firstname.lastname@example.org and expressing its preference not to have its information shared.
Financial Data Security
ATTACH does not disclose credit card account information provided by its members and customers. When members and customers choose to pay by credit card, ATTACH submits this information directly to a secure credit card processor.
ATTACH makes available only organizational information that is already publicly available or knowingly provided to ATTACH, including organizational mailing address and website, executive director name, financial summary, and program descriptions information. This information is provided with ATTACH’s therapist Directory, a searchable online tool for members to access. Mailing lists of organizations are also made available to third parties upon request and payment to ATTACH. That information includes only already publicly available mailing address and executive director name. ATTACH does not make email addresses available to third parties.
ATTACH collects data through Google analytics to track the location and number of visitors to our website. Learn about how Google uses this information.
ATTACH takes photographs during public events, solicits photographs from our members of their work, and occasionally selects quality photos for distribution via this website, social media, or other means. Photos are taken in public settings during public events. If you are included in a photograph and would prefer that it not be distributed, please contact ATTACH at email@example.com and let us know what photo and where you saw it. We will do our best to remove it from circulation.
Embedded Content from Other Sites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How Long We Retain Your Data
For users that register on our website, we store the personal information they provide in their user profile indefinitely. Website administrators can also see and edit that information. See CHOICE TO OPT OUT below for instructions on how to request removal of your data from ATTACH’s database.
Choice to Opt Out
ATTACH provides all individuals and customers the opportunity to opt out of having your personal information used for certain purposes. If you are a member of ATTACH, have registered for an event, no longer wish to receive promotional communications, or would like ATTACH to erase any personal data we hold about you, you may opt out of receiving communications by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
• 3001 Metro Drive, Suite 290, Bloomington, MN 55425
• 612-861-4222; or