Position Opening: Marketing and Communications Coordinator
ATTACh is The Association for Training on Trauma and Attachment in Children. We are a national nonprofit based out of Minneapolis, Minnesota. ATTACh provides support, therapeutic referrals, parent and clinical training, and up-to-date information on the treatment of attachment and trauma disorders in children.
We are currently looking to add to our team a ¾ time 30 hours a week Marketing Communication Coordinator to work in our Bloomington office. Our staff works closely to support each other in our work and goals. We would love to find someone that fits not only our job needs but also wants to be a part of our community.
Duties will include:
Marketing and Events (~60% of your time)
- Marketing and Promotion: Support ATTACh team in coordinating campaigns around events and new product releases, including building distribution lists. Expand reach beyond current contacts and audiences.
- Communication: Communicate with our members and social media audiences about issues of attachment and tell the ongoing story of our organization. Maintain and build relationships with local and national contacts.
- Strategy: Implement marketing plans and manage the ongoing refinement and development of ATTACh’s overall communications strategy. Use testing methods to evaluate effectiveness of marketing messaging, social media usage, timing of releases, and audience targeting. Coordinate campaigns around events and new product releases.
- Growth: Find creative and effective ways to attract new members. Turn interactions into meaningful relationships.
Graphic Design and Production/Web Design and Maintenance (~40% of your time)
- Graphic & Web Design: Design and create flyers, brochures, postcards, banners, conference programs, signage, ads and other printed and digital materials. Serve as the point person on printing orders.
- Maintain and update: ATTACh website using WordPress and web design skills. Keep website up to date and integrate content to increase inbound traffic.
- Social Media: Design materials for and coordinate ATTACh’s communication channels and post new content on the ATTACh’s website. Create social media campaigns specifically to target potential members and donors.
- 5 Year Marketing / Communication experience
- Strong design skills and experience with design software including Photoshop, Illustrator, Publisher, and InDesign.
- Basic WordPress skills. Administration, maintenance, updates, and page creation.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate clearly with a small team, be a self-starter and work independently, and prioritize and multi-task efficiently.
- Excellent writing and editing skills are a must. This means being able to write concise and engaging prose and proof carefully for grammar and spelling.
- Understand marketing strategies and deliver on marketing goals
- Nonprofit experience a plus
Hourly range $18 – $20, depending on qualifications. Partial benefits are offered.
To apply, please send a resume, samples of your work and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org